POP QUIZOver the years, fathers on television have played everything from heroes to buffoons. With this quiz, we celebrate 11 favorites and four that we love to hate. See if you can figure out which one is which by the descriptions alone, then see the photos below to check your answers.
1. No matter what trouble his sons got into, this father always seems to know the right thing to say. For some, his family was a symbol of the perfect American family.
2. This show's premise featured a son that acted too grown up and a father that refused to grow up at all.
3. This dad had a rough, aggressive and bigoted personality but became mush when it came to his daughter.
4. This traditional dad supported his children more than most. The actor who portrayed him also voiced the dad in the animated TV series, Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home.
5. Depending on who you talk to, it's a toss up if this insecure father was a good dad or bad dad. It didn't help that his parents lived right across the street.
6. Despite the show's title, this dad was actually a father of four and stepfather of one.
7. The father of this show was modeled after a real life syndicated newspaper columnist who had many children.
8. This long forgotten sitcom starred a widower who was constantly set up on dates by his son.
9. Americans were first introduced to the this dad on the radio show of the same name before it became a television hit. Many Americans aspired to be a perfect as this family.
10. This family of color featured a father that struggles to share his heritage with his family with laughable results.
11. This chauvinistic-leaning father of three boys only thought he was the head of the household.
12. No family put “fun” in dysfunctional more than this one led by this selfish, materialistic and manipulative father.
13. The only supporting role player to make our list of dads. However, this father made such a huge impact. He even had his own holiday.
14. This bad dad who neglected his children and cheated on his wife actually had a huge fan base.
15. This dad was a man's man. A hard-worker, Bible-believer and family-lover who lived in a shack.
1. Mr. Ward Cleaver “Leave it to Beaver” (Hugh Beaumont) 1957-1963
2. Mr. Edward Stratton “Silver Spoons” (Joel Higgins) 1982-1987
3. Mr. Archie Bunker “All in the Family” & “Archie Bunker's Place” (Carroll O' Connor) 1971-1983
4. Mr. Howard Cunningham “Happy Days” (Tom Bosely) 1974-1984
5. Mr. Raymond Barone “Everybody Loves Raymond” (Ray Romano) 1996-2005
6. Mr. Steven Douglas “My Three Sons” (Fred MacMurray) 1960-1972
7. Mr. Tom Bradford “Eight is Enough” (Dick Van Patten) 1977-1981
8. Mr. Tom Corbett “The Courtship of Eddie's Father” (Bill Bixby) 1969-1972
9. Mr. Jim Anderson “Father Knows Best” (Robert Young) 1954-1960
10. Mr. Andre Johnson Sr. “Black-ish” (Anthony Anderson) 2014-
11. Mr. Tim Taylor “Home Improvement” (Tim Allen) 1991-1999
12. Mr. George Bluth Sr. “Arrested Development (Jeffrey Tambor) 2003-2006 and 2013-
13. Mr. Frank Costanza “Seinfeld” (Jerry Stiller) 1989-1998
14. Mr. Don Draper “Mad Men” (Jon Hamm) 2007-2015
15. Mr. Charles Ingalls “Little House on the Prairie” (Michael Landon) 1974-1982