|Are you a "Mo Bro?" (Movember Foundation)|
CULTURE“Men’s health is in trouble,” states the Movember Foundation, the only global charity focused solely on men’s health. “All around the world, fathers, brothers and friends face a health crisis that isn’t being talked about. Men are dying too young before their time and for no good reason.” And the solution? Grow a moustache.
With the money raised, Movember is helping to fund ground-breaking programs with the goal of reducing male suicides by 25%, halve the number of deaths from prostate cancer and halve the number of men dying from testicular cancer by 2030.
“Since 2003, we’ve created a men’s health movement of over 5 million supporters across the world,” says the foundation. “Through the moustaches grown and the conversations generated, we’ve helped fund 1,200 innovative men’s health projects across 21 countries focusing on prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.”
|Moustache styles to inspire your journey.|
- Men are 24% less likely than women to have visited a doctor within the past year.
- 12.1% of men 18 years and over are in fair or poor health.
- 1 in 4 adults in the U.S. will experience a mental health problem in a given year.
- More than three time as many men as women die by suicide in the U.S.
- Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men in the U.S.
- 1 in 8 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men aged 15-34.
- About 8,850 new case of testicular cancer are diagnosed in men each year.
So, How Do You Get Involved?
GROW: Grow a “mo” save a bro.
“The moustache is our ribbon for men’s health,” says Movember.
MOVE: Walk, run, cycle, swim or row.
“Go the distance and raise funds to support men’s health.
HOST: Throw or go to a Movember event
“Any excuse for a good time. Events are a great way to have fun and raise funds for men’s health.
Now for the Rules...
1. Once registered at Movember.com, each Mo Bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face.
2. For the entire month of Movember, each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache.
3. Don’t fake it. No beards. Goatees and no fake moustaches.
4. Use the power of the moustache for create conversation and raise funds for men’s health.
5. Each Mo Bro must conduct himself like a true gentlemen.
Find out more and register at Movember.