|Is Genesis History? (Compass Cinema)|
MOVIE REVIEWEarlier in February of this year, the documentary, Is Genesis History? arrived in theaters for a one night event. It performed so well that two encore showings were added the next month. This week, the film is now available on DVD.
Is Genesis History? is hosted by Dr. Del Tackett (who is the creator of The Truth Project) who interviews more than a dozen scientists and scholars challenging them about what the Bible says about creation and how it matches up to what popular science teaches. As they say, the answers may surprise you.
Much of the documentary focuses on the great flood during Noah’s lifetime and as it turns out, much of what is discovered relies heavily on the belief that the flood really did happen. If there was no flood, the research falls apart. The film also shares a lot of information and theories about evolution, the Tower of Babel, the Big Bang Theory, Adam and Eve, dinosaurs, the Ice Age, radioisotope dating and more.
This is pretty high-brow stuff and unfortunately is presented in a fairly dry way that will not engage younger viewers. However, if you are a science buff or what to understand what Christian scientists have to say about Creationism, you’ll love this. A lot of information is pack into the 101-minute-long film and it should be stated that it isn’t presented as an “Us” (Creationists) vs. “Them” (Evolutionists) debate. Instead, these scientists and exports working in the field share their viewpoints as professionals and their Christian faith. They do talk about common theories about our world that most of us had been taught in school and how some are challenging those theories with new evidence. Sometimes it is just a matter of two different opinions.
- Kevin Anderson, PhD – Microbiologist
- Steve Austin, PhD – Geologist
- Steven Boyd, PhD – Hebraist
- Robert Carter, PhD – Marine Biologist
- Arthur Chadwick, PhD – Taphonomist
- Danny Faulkner, PhD – Astronomer
- George Grant, PhD – Pastor
- Paul Nelson, PhD – Philosopher of Science
- Douglas Petrovich, PhD – Archeologist
- Marcus Ross, PhD – Paleontologist
- Andrew Snelling, PhD – Geologist
- Kurt Wise, PhD – Paleontologist
- Todd Wood, PhD – Biologist
- Stuart Burgess, PhD – Mechanical Engineer (Bonus Features)
- Douglas Kelly, PhD – Theologian (Bonus Features)
- Larry Vardiman, PhD – Atmospheric Physicist (Bonus Features)
Is Genesis History? also features fantastic photography from places all over the world including: Bountiful Blessings Farm; Chino Valley, Arizona; The Computer History Museum; Coral World Ocean Park; Covenant Presbyterian Church; Discovery Park of America; Grand Canyon National Park; The Hanson Ranch; Hebrew Union College; The Memphis Zoo; Mount Baker, Washington; The Oriental Institute Museum; Pockett Wilderness; Reelfoot Lake; S. P. Crater; Sedona, Arizona; Southwestern Adventist University and The Van Andel Creation Research Center.
Here's the trailer for the Is Genesis History?