|Chris Rock and friends. (ABC)|
The following is the complete list, at least so far states the press release found on the ABC website. ABC says that they will continue to update the list often, so for the REALLY complete list, go here.
Every year seems to be a different cause or concern to be featured throughout the Oscars. Expect a lot of talk about diversity this year. Despite a number of celebrities refusing to attend this year’s ceremonies, the show will go on as scheduled.
A big change this year, or at least rumored, is that during the speeches, those receiving awards will have all those names of people that they wish to thank listed on the screen so that they will have more time to express their thanks and whatever else is on their mind without having to worry if they have thanked everyone that they needed to thank. It’s a great idea if it really works.
The Oscars will air live from the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood on Sunday, February 28th and will be hosted by Chris Rock and by the looks of the TV schedule, ABC hopes to make it a national holiday. Don’t be misled by the titles. The Oscars Opening Ceremony: Life From the Red Carpet isn’t really an “opening ceremony” but rather an hour and a half of celebrities making small talk in front of the cameras and with interviewers gushing on how wonderful everyone looks. It begins at 4:00 p.m. (PST)
The actual Oscars begins at 5:30 p.m. (PST) Jimmy Kimmel will be hosting his own after party (Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars) at 10:00 p.m. (PST) and include appearances by Ben Affleck, Tracy Morgan, J.K. Simmons, Mike Tyson, Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, Henry Cavill, Jesse Eisenberg and many more. If you haven’t watched these specials in the past, they are usually worth staying up for.
For a full list of Oscars and Razzie nominees, go here.
Here are this year’s presenters:
- A: J.J. Abrams, Patricia Arquette, Abraham Attah
- B: Cate Blanchett, Emily Blunt
- C: Steve Carell, Henry Cavill, Priyanka Chopra, Louis C.K., Sacha Baron Cohen, Common, Russell Crowe
- D-E-F: Benicio Del Toro, Chris Evans, Tina Fey, Morgan Freeman
- G: Lady Gaga, Jennifer Garner, Whoopi Goldberg, Ryan Gosling, Louis Gossett, Jr., Dave Grohl,
- H: Kevin Hart, Byung-hun Lee
- J-L: Quincy Jones, John Legend, Jared Leto
- M: Rachel McAdams, Julianne Moore
- O-P: Olivia Munn, Dev Patel
- R: Eddie Redmayne, Daisy Ridley, Margot Robbie
- S: Jason Segel, Andy Serkis, Sarah Silverman, J.K. Simmons, Sam Smith
- T-V: Charlize Theron, Jacob Tremblay, Sofia Vergara
- W: Kerry Washington, The Weeknd, Pharrell Williams, Reese Witherspoon